CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

5K update


Just an update:
The first week of training has been tough, but I have been staying strong in my dedication to working out and running (thanks to Katy). I am hitting the gym every other day for strength training (low weight high reps) and I have been running 3 miles every other day. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I ran three miles in 27 minutes and 30 seconds and then on Sunday I ran it in 26 minutes and 25 seconds. I have to thank Katy (Mic) for pushing me on Sunday; it resulted in shaving one minute off from my time.
One thing I do need to do is get my butt down to the shoe store and get me some new shoes. I have been running in my shoes from high school track. That means those puppies are more than 10 years old, and I can tell it from the pain I have in my knee. Its so bad that I was limping on Saturday and now I'm limping again today because of my other knee. Am I that old?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New shoes make the world of a difference. Your training very hard for a 5K...don't get burned out by hitting it so hard. I use to get that - when I ran!

Katy said...

I know what we are doing this weekend.

Bryan and Katy Kraker said...

What are we doing?

Brink Boys said...

Nice work Krack..