CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

5K goal


I am setting a goal for myself for you all to read. I would like to be able to run a 5k this spring in a time of 24 minutes. This is a pretty tough goal for me espeacially since I am now an old man at the age of 28.
Take a look at my stats (below) from when I was just a young lad at the ripe age of 24.
NameCityStateZip
Kraker, Bryan HollandMI49423
OverallBibFinal TimeClassAgeGender
11216525:50Males 20 to 2424M
class_placeclass_totalgender_placepaceag_pctag_place
44788:20N.A.N.A.
I intend to put myself on a pretty strict training schedule with the help of my trainer Mic (AKA my wife). On this schedule I plan to eat healthy, load up on plenty of proteins and carbs, and I will probably have to give up beer. I will also try to run at least three miles every morning and strength train in the gym at night for one month staight. Plus, there will be plenty Rocky theme music playing to keep me motivated.
Wish me luck!!!

11 comments:

Katy said...

You can do it Hub! Since you didn't run today no excuses for tomorrow!!

Bryan and Katy Kraker said...

Keep on me Mic. Keep on me.
Oh yeah, nest time I say I'm not gonna run all you have to do is hum the Rocky theme song.

Anonymous said...

Dang - that's a fast goal. You can do it. I think you should try for the 8K!

Unknown said...

I'm always happy to have another blog to frequent.
Welcome to the blogosphere.
Did you figure out how to add authors?

Brink Boys said...

Run Kraker run! Welcome to the blog world!

Anonymous said...

Just don't over do. Make sure you eat good. Good Luck. I'm proud of you.

Brink Boys said...

I forgot to mention that I can tell you already that my husband will probably not approve of you giving up beer...there are less carbs in the Captain though right?

Anonymous said...

I would be lucky to complete 1 mile in 24 mins! Good luck!

candi said...

It is a good thing to have goals - I know that you will make this one too! Go get em!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Bry...you have more ambition at your old age than I do!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing Bryan - and I have all the faith in the world that you can do it! (running, not giving up beer, that is)