CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Watery Weekend




RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!! I thought it was never going to stop. It altered our landscape in a couple of different ways. First of all, you can see from the pictures that it added a nice size pond in the front of our house. If you think that it's kind of nasty that I am swimming in this chocolate colored pond, I am not doing it for enjoyment. I had a mission in mind. You see, there is a drain pipe in our front yard to prevent flooding like this from happening, and my mission was to go down and remove a rock that was plugging that drain pipe. The water was about 5 ft. deep in the deepest spot, and I had to feel around with my feet to find this rock. Once I found the rock, I had to go completely under and move the rock by hand. After I moved the rock, the water was gone in 6 or 7 hours. The funny thing is that there is a garden underneath all that water that my mom and dad and I planted the day before. I think it got enough water. The second change we noticed was a small sink hole by our retaining wall. That will be a fun one to fix. And finally, my bridge that goes over the creek in the back yard has been shifted off its foundations. This is a heavy bridge that consists of three full size telephone poles. It was a pain in the but building it and I imagine its going to be just is bad to try and move it back in place. Once it is in place I will be anchoring it down so I don't have to do this a third time.


The good news is my basement was dry and nothing majorly bad happened. Especially in comparison to some of the damage I seen at other peoples houses and places of business. Plus, Hildee had a good time fetching the Frisbee in our temporary pond.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a huge pond! Bummer that you had a swim thru it.

Andrew Kraker said...

That is sweet. Why didnt you call me over to go scuba diving? It probably would have been better than Katies parents pond.

Brink Boys said...

Wow, I can't believe your basement stayed dry thru all that...must have been your awesome builder =)

Unknown said...

The first thing I thought of was watching Rescue 911 as a child and how people would get sucked into those pipes.
Good job and too bad about the garden!

Little's said...

WOW! I am so sorry about your garden and your bridge....did you get any water in your house??

Anonymous said...

You should have left the pond. It could have added lots of value to your house, everybody wants a waterfront property. lol jk

Bryan and Katy Kraker said...

Our basement was dry for the most part. Where the wiring for the well pump comes through the wall was leaking a little bit. Nothing that I couldn't take care of with an old water softener salt bag. (It's hard to explain)

Andrew Kraker said...

New Post. Seriously.