CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Her story....this far

As most of you know I was at the hospital yesterday (and today) to be induced. Tuesday morning I had what I had hoped to be my last pre-natal doctors appointment. Everything looked good yet except I still wasn't dilated. So Jimmy and I made the decision that it was time to force her out. I guess she had different plans.

I was submitted to the hospital around 12:00p.m. As soon as I was in my room and hooked up to monitors they inserted a pill behind my cervix to help dilate it. The pill works up to 4 hours, so after the first 4 hours I was checked and the pill had softened the cervix but not dilated it. So it was on to the next dose and another 4 hours. After the next 4 hours there still wasn't much change but I was having regular contractions so I couldn't have another pill. This now brings us to approximately 11:00p.m. Around 2:00 a.m. I was checked again and still no change. The nurse came back around 2:30a.m. with orders from Jimmy to start a low dose of pitocin to see if that would help things along. I was on pitocin from about 2:30a.m. till 12:30p.m. with no luck. My contractions never got much stronger despite how much pitocin I was getting and my cervix never dilated. When Jimmy checked me for the last time and found that there was no change he gave me three options. I could go home and come back another day, stop the pitocin and start the cervix pills again, or have a c-section. As much as I wanted to hold my baby girl I figured it would be best to wait and since we were both doing fine decided not to go with the c-section. So I'm home, still waiting.

Here's hoping that I go back soon.

Feel free to ask questions. I'm tired frustrated and dirty but I think I covered most of the story. Sorry to keep you all waiting.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh honey!! i think you made a very hard decision - but it is much better for the recovery's stand point. we are praying for you every minute, please let me know if we can help with anything!

Brink Boys said...

I am so glad you updated, I was getting so worried about you guys!!!! Well, I think it's best to let nature take its course I guess...did he say how long he would let you go over?

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, you sure have been thru a lot in the past few days! Poor thing. You are my hero and made the best decision for you and your little girl. I bet it was hard to go home empty handed when you thought it would be walking out with a baby in a carseat. She is a stubborn little thing! Your in our prayers and we know she will arrive soon, healthy and happy! Enjoy you time at home with just you and Kraker.

Chad and Amber Kraker said...

we are praying for you...please keep us updated!!

Little's said...

Ooh Katy! I am so sorry!!! Well, try and get your rest!! If it gets to the point you are way to uncomfortable....a c-section is not bad!

Steve and Heather Sanders said...

How fustrating to be so close and then nothing! Try to do anything you can to keep your mind occupied. I can say I know what it's like to leave the hospital with no baby. After Avery was born I had to go home without her. Hang in there! You'll be holding your baby soon!

Jen said...

Katy, we'll be thinking of you guys and praying all goes well when she decides the time is right. Hang in there!

The Velderman's said...

Hey guys...thanks for updating us. We have all been wondering and praying for you. I'm so sorry that being induced didn't work. What a long day you must have had. I know that it must be disappointing to go home without holding your new little one, but the good thing is that she is still with you and you will be holding her in your arms very soon. We will keep praying for a healthy and safe delivery and for strength for both of you as you wait.

Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed along with both of you. What a long 2 days this has been but health wise everything is good with all of you and I'm thankful for that. Hang is there!!

Tiffany Kraker said...

She certainly is a Kraker... stubborn! :-) I didn't even know that it was possible to not have your baby after you are induced. We will continue to pray for a safe delivery and healthy baby. Hang in there Katy, :-)

Sarah said...

I can understand your frustration...hang in there and know that your body always knows what's best, so trust that you made the right decision. We'll be praying for you in the meantime and looking forward to meeting this fiesty little one!

Unknown said...

Bless your heart! I can already tell you are going to be one amazing Mom!
xo

Anonymous said...

Good things come to those who wait - Proud of you and love you so much!!!

Tripp said...

Good work on the decision you made. As much as you wanted to hold that little baby girl, from what I hear C-Sections are not fun to recover from.

Kragts said...

Sending lots of prayers your way. Hang in there.